Who doesn’t love a good cup of tea on a cold winters day. Well next time your enjoying your favorite tea don’t throw away that tea bag. Use it in the following beauty hacks:
1. Soothe Puffy Eyes & Irritated Eyes
I believe almost everyone will encounter this two common problems. First, wake up and find your eyes super puffy. Second, irritated eyes and you just can’t stop rubbing them!
With tea bags, say ciao to these two annoying problems!
Any kind of tea bags can soothe puffy eyes as tea has anti-irritant and antioxidant properties.
These properties will help in reducing swelling around the eyes and relieve tiredness and inflammation. Not to mention, it also helps in restoring the natural glow and spark of your eyes.
1. Put 2 tea bags in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Lie down and apply the chilled tea bags on your closed eyelids.
3. Leave it for 10 – 15 minutes.
Walaaa prepared to see the results yourself. P.S you can repeat few times a day for better results!
2. Cure Mild Acne & Have A Flawless Skin
If you have any mild spots or blemishes on your skin, tea bags will send your worries away.
I’ll recommend you to use green tea bags as they are the best home remedies for mild acne.
According to Dermatology studies, green teas have antibacterial properties which can help in fighting acne-causing bacteria.
1. Brew a cup of green tea and set the tea bag aside to cool down for 30 minutes.
2. Apply the tea bags directly on the affected skin for 5 – 10 minutes.
3. Rinse your skin with cool water.
I’ll recommend you to do it twice a day if you have the time to get a better results!
3. Eliminate Bad Breath
With teas, you can chase away all the bad breaths and enjoy fresh, minty breath!
This is because the antiseptic and antibacterial properties in these teas can help in fighting bad bacteria in the mouth that cause bad breath.
I’ll recommend you to opt for peppermint or green tea as they work the best!
1. Throw in 2 or 3 tea bags in a cup of hot water for 10 to 15 minutes to brew a weak tea.
2. Set the tea aside for cooling down.
3. Add in a few drops of tea tree oil.
4. Use it as a mouthwash twice a day to fight the bad breath!
P.s This Mouthwash not only saves you money it is also natural compared to those which sell at the market.
4. Shiny Hair
Crave to make your hair shinier than the future?
Search no further, all you need is tea bags!
I’ll suggest you to opt black or green tea bags to add shine to your dry and dull hair.
This is due to the antioxidants in the tea promote hair growth as well as prevent common problems such as dry scalp and dandruff.
1. Brew 2 or 3 used tea bags in 2 cups of water and set them aside for cooling.
2. After shampooing your hair, use the weak tea as a final hair rinse.
3. Massage your scalp for 5 minutes, then rinse your hair with water.
4. Then, let your hair air dry to enjoy smooth and shiny hair.
Use this hair treatment twice a week for a better results.
5. Prevent Aging Signs
Nobody wish to have a face full of wrinkles and to prevent it you need to start take care of your skin since a young age!
With green tea, it can delay signs of skin aging, such as sagging skin, sun damage, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
This is due to green tea has anti-aging and antioxidant properties that help improve skin complexion and elasticity.
According to study, green tea also aid in skin rejuvenation. Hence, it can be used to treat skin diseases and wounds.
1. Transfer the contents of 2 used green tea bags into a bowl.
2. Add in 1 to 2 teaspoons of raw honey and a little lemon juice.
3. Apply it on your face and neck area.
4. Allow it to stay for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Use this face mask once or twice a week for a flawless young skin!
P.S If you have sensitive skin, this formula might not be suitable.
6. Eliminate Feet Odors
If you have trouble in removing your foot odor, tea bags are your ultimate life saver!
I’ll recommend you to use black tea as black tea contains of high levels of tannis, or tannic acid.
This acid would create an unfriendly environment for bacteria, while it also possibly acted as an astringent.
1. Pour 4 cups of hot water into your foot basin.
2. Add 5 bags of black tea and let them steep for 10 minutes.
3. Then, soak your feet for 20 minutes.
4. Dry your feet thoroughly afterwards.
Do this once every day for a better results.
7. Soothe Sunburns and Razor Burns
If you have sunburns after sunbathed under the scorching sun, no worries tea bags have come to your rescue.
Moist green tea bags can soothe sunburns as well as razor burns due to it contains tannins with astringent and mild aesthetic properties that can help combat itching and pain.
According to studies, green tea consists of polyphenolic extracts will aid in reducing the number of sunburn cells and protect epidermal Langerhans cells from damage caused by ultraviolet sun-rays.
1. Put 10 to 12 used green tea bags in your bathwater.
2. Soak in this healing water for 20 minutes.
3. Do this once daily for a few continuos days to get a better recovery.
8. Exfoliate Skin
Instead of purchasing face scrub, tea bag is another alternative for scrub.
The slightly rough texture of the contents of the used tea bags is great for exfoliating your skin.
It will help you get rid of dead skin cells, dirt and other impurities.
Besides, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties will soothe your skin and give your skin an incredible glow.
1. Transfer the content of 1 or 2 used green tea bags into a bowl.
2. Add some honey and olive oil and make it into a paste.
3. Apply it on your face and neck and let it sit for 10 minutes.
4. Rinse off your face with warm water.
Use this as a facial scrub once or twice a week!